Friday 9 February 2007

*taps mic*

Is this thing on?

I have wanted to have an intelligent and thoughtful* blog about all things Australian and political for some time. I have opinions--sometimes even informed ones--and I can write, so why not? In fact, I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of my liberal arts degree (and perhaps the opposite of the point of the time I spent studying law). So, here it is: Ruby Wednesday.

I actually wanted to imply that I was a day behind Ruby Tuesday. What's behind Tuesday, I thought to myself? Wednesday! Well, clearly you can tell I've had a long week at work because the answer is not Wednesday, but Monday. Now I'm a day ahead (or six days behind) Ruby Tuesday. I also didn't realise there was an Eskimo Joe song by the same name. I guess I should have just fucking googled it.

Politically, I am a mixed bag. I am a recent arrival to Canberra from the Banana Republic. While I am no fan of Howard's, I also think that the state Labor governments have royally fucked a lot of things up. I'm an equal opportunity whinger. I doubt anyone will read this--it's more for my own personal satisfaction--but, if you do, I hope you enjoy what follows.

Ruby

P.S. I am not a huge fan of pink and red, but this blog does have Ruby in the title and my HTML skillz are woeful. Apologies for the layout.

*note optimism

No comments: